Highline Schools Foundation announces Nominees for 2012 Gold Star Awards
On Thursday (March 15), the Highline Schools Foundation announced the nominees for its 2012 Gold Star Awards, its annual awards given out to staff, volunteers, and administrators.
Winners will be announced live next Thursday, March 22 at the first annual Gold Star Awards BASH, which will run from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. at The Production Shop, a new event space in Burien, located at 14624 9th Ave SW (one block east of Walgreens).
“The Foundation has created this BASH as a low-cost way for parents, teachers, and community members to participate in the Gold Star Awards, said Ashley Fosberg, HSF Executive Director, “and celebrate all of the notable people who do such important, great work in Highline Public Schools.”
Each year the Highline Schools Foundation solicits nominations from community members, District employees, and parents for its prestigious and much-anticipated Gold Star Awards. This year’s list of impressive and well-deserving nominees includes highly qualified staff, volunteers, and administrators:
AND THE NOMINEES ARE…..
Outstanding Administrator Nominees
- Catherine Carbone Rogers, Director of Communication & Community Relations
- Loren Demeroutis, Co-Principal, Big Picture High School
- Aimee Denver, Coordinator of Health & Social Services
- Bernard Koontz, Language & Cultural Arts Coordinator
- Terri McMahan, Director of Athletics
- Bernadette Merikle, Equity & Family Partnerships Director
- Dr. Alan Spicciati, Interim Superintendent
- Don Waring, Executive Director of Human Resources
Outstanding Classified Employee Nominees
- Scott Albright, District Facilities Dept.
- Ron Crum, District Transportation Dept.
- Jill Cummins, Midway Elementary School
- Kathi Dewey, Pacific Middle School
- Carol Diefenbach, Mount Rainier High School
- Laura Elliott, Mount Rainier High School
- Tom English, District Central Office
- Jennifer Fichamba, Evergreen Campus
- Carey Gannaw, T.E.C. High School
- Cindy Gilbert, Health Sciences & Human Services High School
- Jack Kerns, District Commissary/Warehouse
- Emily Manalisay, Chinook Middle School
- Alberto Mendoza, Chinook Middle School
- Lolita O’Donnell, District Family Center
- Janell Olson, Marvista Elementary
- Jennifer Olson, Highline High School
- Angelica Ponce, White Center Heights Elementary
- Barb Rodgers, Health Science & Human Services
- Sissy Stanton, Big Picture High School
- Jeanne Stratton, Bow Lake Elementary
- Patsy Trujillo, Pacific Middle School
- Dawna Turk, McMicken Heights Elementary School
Outstanding Teacher Nominees
- Casey Alexander, New Start High School
- Andrea Bernardoni, Midway Elementary School
- Ginnie Brossard, Marvista Elementary School
- Darci Downs, Midway Elementary School
- Denise Gardner-Young, Marvista Elementary School
- Vicki L. Hagen, Marvista Elementary School
- Dale Lautenschlager, Sylvester Middle School
- Math Department, Chinook Middle School
- Shawna Moore, Sylvester Middle School
- Marianne Shibly, Gregory Heights Elementary
- Darcy Smith, McMicken Heights Elementary School
- Eric Soran, Valley View Early Learning Center
- Colleen Thomas-Reitsma, North Hill Elementary
Outstanding Volunteer Nominees
- Kay Duncanson, Pacific Middle School
- Kristi Jacobi, North Hill Elementary
- Dan Johnson, Marvista Elementary School
- Dan & Cindy Johnson, Marvista Elementary School
- Astha Tada, Cascade Middle School
- Debbie Thoma, Cedarhurst Elementary School
- Barbara Tobin, North Hill Elementary School
- Joe Van, McMicken Heights Elementary School
WHAT: Gold Star Awards BASH!
WHEN: Thursday, March 22nd, 6:30-8:30 p.m.
WHERE: The Production Shop (a new event space in Burien), 14624 9th Avenue, one block east of the Burien Walgreens.
COST: Tickets are $15 and include appetizers, drinks, music and celebration at this fun event unveiling the winners of the 2012 Gold Star Awards! 21 and over, please.
Click this link to buy tickets: http://goo.gl/J7DtV