Knife Fight in Des Moines Sends One Woman to Hospital, the other to SCORE

A knife fight ended up with one woman in the hospital and another in the SCORE jail early Monday morning.

Police say that around 1:16 a.m. Monday, officers from the Des Moines Police Department responded to the 21600 block of 28 Ave South with King County Sheriff’s Office on reports of a fight in progress.

When Officers arrived they located a 24-year old female victim who had been stabbed three times.

The 19-year old female suspect was identified at the scene and taken into custody without incident.

Officers determined the 24-year old Victim and 19-year old Suspect were in a former domestic relationship when they met and an argument led to an altercation involving a stabbing.

The 24-year old Victim was transported to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Des Moines Police Detectives are investigating the incident to determine what lead to the altercation and stabbing.

Comments

6 Responses to “Knife Fight in Des Moines Sends One Woman to Hospital, the other to SCORE”
  1. Matt Moeller says:

“The 19-year old Suspect was booked into SCORE – South Correctional Entity – for Investigation Assault 1.”

I’m confused! The agreement brokered between the municipalities and our community, was that SCORE would only house misdemeanor convicts …it even states this on the SCORE website: http://www.scorejail.org/misdemeanor-offenses/

Last time I checked, Assault 1 is a Class A Felony.
    RCW website: http://apps.leg.wa.gov/rcw/default.aspx?cite=9A.36.011

Not long ago, The Port negotiated with the So King Cities to end the 3rd runway lawsuits and one of the stipulations was that the runway would be used only during times of inclement weather and fog. Summer days with low flying 747’s and violent felons in our back yard …He shoots, He SCORES!

• Kevin says:

I was wondering the exact same thing. They probably assume it will be pleaded down to a misdemeanor

2. hey hey says:

I ran into an officer picking up a cup of coffee this morning and asked him about this. He told me they are able to book felons into score and then score transports to the King County Jail. He said score does this so that the officers can stay in or closer to their jurisdictions. He also told me that at times in the past they have gone to the King County Jail and may get tied up in there for an hour or longer. He summarized this as being a great agreement for keeping the officers closer to their cities.

Sounds reasonable and logical to me…although saying that makes me wonder if I’m really talking about a government agency.

• Matt Moeller says:

That does make sense, thanks for the answer…

I wish there was a logical reason for the 3rd runway being used with inpunity!

• hey hey says:

You mean a good answer other than fraud, lying to the people, and governments own best interest???

• Kevin says:

That sounds like the answer for why felons are being transported to the SCORE jail. I do not recall any disucssion of felons being housed in the jail at any of the council meetings, even on a temporary basis….however, I could have missed it in my anger at the whole farce they call a “Public” hearing.