Advertiser Second Saturday Divorce Workshops  wants to remind our Readers that their next workshop will be held from 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. this Saturday, May 11.
It will be held in the Outreach Center, Building 99, Room 130 at Highline Community College, located at 2400 S. 240th St., Des Moines (206-870-3785).
According to the class listing:
Do you know that Washington’s community property doesn’t always mean a 50/50 division of your assets and debts?
At the Second Saturday divorce workshop you will learn about equitable distribution of property and debts, and so much more.
The workshop is held on the second Saturday of each month at Highline Community College.
For more information and to register, go to www.secondsaturdaydivorce.com .
The cost is $59, and to register, click here: https://ce.highline.edu/class_listing.php?genre=27 
Second Saturday Divorce Workshops  are a cost-effective and sensible way to get the answers to the questions you have, and to learn about the questions you haven’t yet considered. Each class is jointly taught by Family Attorneys, Certified Divorce Financial Analysts and Family Communication Specialists/Therapists.
The workshop provides a clear understanding of the divorce process with an emphasis on property settlement, parenting plans, child support and spousal maintenance, as well as the different options available to reach agreements: without third party assistance (kitchen table), mediation, collaboration, arbitration and litigation. The focus is to provide resources and discuss topics that cover legal issues, financial aspects, and the emotional well-being of the couple and their family.
“Second Saturday divorce workshops are currently underway in over 30 cities across the nation. My associates and I knew that it was a great workshop. We knew that the amount of information that is provided would be valuable to anyone that is going through or even thinking about, a divorce or legal separation. What I didn’t expect, was the gratitude that we received from those who have already attended a workshop. The feedback has been extremely positive and it has solidified our original thought that not only would this be helpful, but that it’s necessary for couples who are going through such a difficult time. It addresses a multitude of questions and when people leave, they feel calm, and centered emotionally. They know that they are not alone and appreciate the resources that have been made available to them.”
– Jennie Bouska-Coddington
If you are considering divorce and wondering if you could benefit from a Second Saturday Divorce Workshop, just take this quick quiz:
Answer Yes or No to all of the following questions:
- Do you have the necessary skills you need in order to create a respectful divorce and move on with your life?
- Do you understand the legal process as it pertains to separation? As it pertains to divorce?
- Do you have a budget to accommodate a single income?
- Do you know the factors considered for spousal support or child support? Do you know how to equitably divide your assets and debts?
- Are you able to communicate in an effective manner with your spouse?
- Do you have resources to help your children adjust through this time of change?
- Have you considered the amount of communication that will be needed to co-parent your children?
- Have you planned ahead for your financial future?
If you have answered “NO” to any of these questions then you NEED a plan.