Our friends at the Des Moines Rotary Club wants our Readers to “Save the Date” of Saturday, Aug. 24 for the 4th Annual Poverty Bay Blues and Brews Fest, to be held again at Des Moines Beach Park.
“This event is the prime fundraiser for our Music4Life program expanding music to youth in our local schools,” reads an announcement. “Enjoy a day filled with local blues together with a variety of fine brews from local breweries. To complement your blues and brews, we will be barbecuing Bratwurst and B&E Market’s famous Tri Tip for your dining enjoyment.”
- This is an outdoor event and will be held rain or shine.
- You must be 21 or older to attend and no pets will be allowed inside the event.
- No outside food or beverages allowed. Low lawn chairs and picnic blankets allowed.
- There will be plenty of free parking in the Des Moines Marina.
- While you are in town, you might want to visit the Des Moines Farmer’s Market.
Tickets are $25 in advance; $30 at the gate; six tasting tokens are included with the price of admission.
Tickets are available at 99 Bottles, Des Moines Drug and B&E Meats, OR…online athttp://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/393980