Last weekend at this time participants in the Waterland Parade were putting the finishing touches on their parade entries, and looking forward to marching through the heart of Des Moines on Saturday.
Sadly, there’s no parade in Des Moines this weekend but we do have plenty of photos!
We also have the list of winning entries as published by the parade organizers earlier this week:
- Float: West Seattle Hi-Yu
- Commercial: Des Moines Dog House
- Bands/Marching Bands: Kennedy high School
- Novelty/Comedy: Seafair Pirates
- JR Dance/Drill Team 12yo or younger: Diamonds of Washington
- Dance/Drill Team 13yo or older: Electronettes
- Antique Auto Individual: Lincoln Pink Tow
- Antique Auto Multiple/Club: Airport Towing
- Equestrian: Elbert Hill and Family
- Non Profit/Community: Pacific Science Center
WLB photographer Michael Brunk was at the parade last weekend and put together this gallery of photos. You can click individual images to view them larger.