Burien photographer and weather enthusiast Chris Scragg will be live-streaming information about Sunday night’s major windstorm, which is expected to have gusts of 44mph, perhaps even as high as 60mph.
The National Weather Service issued the following “High Wind Warning,” in effect from 5 p.m. Sunday afternoon to 4 a.m. Monday morning:
…HIGH WIND WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 4 AM PDT MONDAY…
THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN SEATTLE HAS ISSUED A HIGH WIN WARNING…WHICH IS IN EFFECT FROM 5 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 4 AM PDT MONDAY.
* SOME AFFECTED LOCATIONS…SEATTLE…FEDERAL WAY…SHORELINE…BREMERTON…SILVERDALE…POULSBO… KINGSTON…SEABECK…AND THE HOOD CANAL BRIDGE AREA.
* TIMING…THE STRONGEST WINDS ARE EXPECTED TO OCCUR THIS EVENING.
* WIND…INCREASING FROM THE SOUTH AT 20 TO 35 MPH WITH GUSTS OF 50 TO 60 MPH.
* IMPACTS…HIGH WINDS CAN TOPPLE TREES…DOWN POWER LINES…AND DAMAGE PROPERTY.
A HIGH WIND WARNING MEANS THAT A HAZARDOUS WIND EVENT IS IMMINENT OR OCCURRING.
Chris lives on SW 171st in Burien’s Three Tree Point neighborhood, and will be using weather models from the University of Washington, satellite and radar from NOAA, and warnings from the National Weather Service in Seattle.
He is also using a Davis Vantage Pro 2 weather station and a laptop webcam.
“I noticed the strength of the storms that were forecast this weekend and decided that the area needed quality live streaming on the event,” Chris told The B-Town Blog. “I also want the information from my weather station and webcam to be used by the National Weather Service for immediate updates on what is happening. The National Weather Service has noted and looked at the stream, and I hope that it is useful for them tonight.”
Here’s the 7-day forecast:
- Tonight: Showers, mainly before 11pm. The rain could be heavy at times. Low around 52. Windy, with a south southwest wind 21 to 26 mph increasing to 28 to 33 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 44 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.
- Monday: Scattered showers. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60. South wind 17 to 21 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%.
- Monday Night: A 30 percent chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49. South wind around 17 mph.
- Tuesday: A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 60. South southwest wind 13 to 16 mph.
- Tuesday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 48.
- Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 60.
- Wednesday Night: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 49.
- Thursday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 63.
- Thursday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51.
- Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 66.
- Friday Night: Mostly cloudy, with a low around 51.
- Saturday: A chance of rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 67.