The 55th Waterland Festival will return as a 3-day event from July 18 – 20!
Now in its 55th year, the Des Moines Waterland Festival (presented by Destination Des Moines) is returning as a 3-day event jam-packed with family fun!
The festival will be held the weekend of July 18-20, 2014 – mark your calendar and join us for the best festival in years!
Here’s the schedule:
FRIDAY, JULY 18:
- Noon – 9 p.m.: Children’s Carnival presented by Clowns Unlimited, Des Moines Field House
SATURDAY, JULY 19:
- 8:30 – 10 a.m.: Waterland 5k Run, Beach Park and Marina
- 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.: Children’s Carnival and Pony Rides, Des Moines Field House
- Classic Wooden Boat Show, Des Moines Marina
- 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.: Des Moines Farmers Market, Des Moines Marina
- Noon – 3 p.m.: Old Fashioned Picnic and Ice Cream Social, Wesley Homes
- 5:45 p.m.: Junior Parade
- 6 p.m.: Grand Parade; begins at 240th and continue through downtown Ds Moines along Marine View Drive South.
SUNDAY, JULY 20:
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Classic Car and Wooden Boat Show, Des Moines Marina
- Taste of Des Moines and Beer/Wine Garden, Des Moines Marina
- 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Children’s Carnival, Des Moines Field House
Find festival updates, the parade application and volunteer opportunities at www.destinationdesmoines.org/waterlandfestival. Also look for updates on https://www.facebook.com/DesMoinesWaterlandFestival
“We hope to see everyone there!”
For more information, please contact Elana Bryan at (206) 444-5794 or [email protected]