On Saturday, June 14, learn how to get prepared for an emergency and pick up a free preparedness starter kit at the Safe in the Sound Passport to Preparedness Event at the Redondo Fred Meyer, located at 25250 Pacific Hwy South.
Hosted by the American Red Cross, the event – which runs from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. – serves as a reminder that lives are saved and devastation is reduced with advanced planning.
With founding partner Puget Sound Energy, and partners PEMCO Insurance, Radio Disney and the City of Kent, the day will feature fun activities for the entire family with free ice cream, balloons and a photo booth. Plus, talk with experts from Puget Sound Energy about electrical safety, schedule a CPR training, learn valuable fire prevention tips and leave with a FREE emergency preparedness starter kit (while supplies last).
On behalf of PEMCO Insurance, Sound Wave, the official band of the Sounders FC, will be performing and Sounders FC player Cam Weaver will be signing autographs.
- 10:00AM Welcome: Andy Wappler, Puget Sound Energy
- 10:15AM–11:15AM Sound Wave, the Official Band of Seattle Sounders FC
- 10:30AM–11:15AM Sounders FC player, Cam Weaver autographs signing and photos
- 11:20AM–11:30AM Sounders FC player, Cam Weaver speech
- 12:00PM–12:10PM Tracy Taylor, KING 5 Anchor Appearance
- 12:15PM–1:00PM Radio Disney Performance
- 1:10PM–1:20PM Safe in the Sound, Kelly Kasper, Project Manager
- 1:45PM–2:00PM Closing remarks, Dawn Angelo, CEO Red Cross
This event is open to the public and free of charge.
Free parking is available in the Fred Meyer parking lot.
For more information, visit www.safeinthesound.org.