Man suffers serious burns after Des Moines home ‘explodes’

A Des Moines man was thrown from the roof of his home after it apparently “exploded” and was leveled Friday night, Aug. 15.

Reports are that the man, in his 40s, was tarring a roof with a torch when an explosion occurred.

The house is in the 2000 block of South 232 Street.

The man was taken to Harborview Medical Center in Seattle with serious burns.

As of Saturday (Aug. 16), he was listed in stable condition.

Here are some Tweets about this developing story:

And one Tweeter even thought the explosion may have come from a sonic boom:


3 Responses to “Man suffers serious burns after Des Moines home ‘explodes’”
  1. Wanker says:

    Komo had this story on their site and shared it on Facebook. I was reading the comments, and between the people sending good wishes to the victim, and others speculating that Walter white lived there, was our very own mayor. Most wouldn’t recognize him as Des Moines mayor if they live outside of Des Moines so no one really paid attention. His comment was that they are looking into an altercation the victim had the day before and exploring the possibility of arson. I am curious to hear more.

Share Your Opinion

By participating in our online comment system, you are agreeing to abide by the terms of our comment policy.

...and oh, if you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar!