‘Washington’s Strongest Apple’ will be at Des Moines Marina Saturday June 13
The always-entertaining and exciting “Washington’s Strongest Apple” competition will be at the Des Moines Marina on Saturday, Jun 13, starting at 10 a.m.
This will be the 8th annual event, where strong men and woman compete lifting and moving ridiculously heavy objects.
And after watching these muscular marvels, be sure to head on over to the Des Moines Farmers Market, which runs from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.!
Here’s more info from the event Facebook page:
Women (120, 140, 160, 180, 200, 200+ lbs)
LW Men (150 175, 200, 231 lbs), HW Men (265, 300, SHW).
This is a LEVEL TWO sanctioned contest with NAS Inc. The top 2 competitors in each class will qualify for Nationals.
The top 3 Masters, Women & Teens qualify for Masters Nationals, Women’s Nationals & Teen Nationals!!
- Log clean & press for reps 60 seconds time limit
- Keg Carry for distance (no drops)
- Deadlift for reps (barbell w/metal plates, no straps) 60 seconds time limit
- Tire Flip for distance 60 seconds time limit
- Arm over arm pull of Prowler, then Sled Drag 90 seconds time limit, 80 feet each way
Please note that all 5 events are planned to be ran two competitors at a time!! (Events are subject to change)