The Waterland Festival is coming up the weekend of July 17-19, with a bunch of great activities for all:
- Kid’s Fair & Pony Rides: July 17-19 at Field House Park
- 5K Fund Run, Walk or Roll: Saturday, July 18 at Beach Park starting at 9 a.m.
- Grand Parade: Saturday, July 18 with Kid’s Parade at 5:45 p.m. and the Grand Parade at 6 p.m.
- Wheels & Keels: Sunday, July 19 at Marina North Lot from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Great Food: Sunday, July 19 from 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Also, here’s a letter sent out to residents from Destination Des Moines:
Dear Des Moines Residents and Businesses:
Destination Des Moines is preparing for this year’s Waterland Festival! We are inviting you and the community to enjoy the festivities beginning Friday, July 17th and continuing through Sunday July 19th.
We want to make you aware of the street closures in the area that will be necessary the day of the Parade – Saturday July 18th from 4:45 PM to approximately 7:30 PM
Marine View Drive S: From S 242nd to 216th (the parade route is S 240th to 216th on Marine View Dr S)
Kent-Des Moines Road: From 16th Ave S to Marine View Dr S
S 240th and S 242nd: Between 16th Ave S and Marine View Dr will be limited access only and closed from 12th Ave S to Marine View Dr, from 5:00PM to 7:30PM. Please be particularly careful as this is the staging area for the parade.
Traffic Management will be supervised by our Des Moines Police Department. Please comply with the officers’ instructions, as they are concerned for our safety and the overall success of the Parade.
We hope you, your friends, and family will enjoy the wide variety of events that will be part of this year’s Waterland Festival!
Friday, July 17
- Kid’s Carnival and Pony Rides (Des Moines Field House) Noon – 9:00 pm (Pony Rides 3:00-7:00PM)
Saturday, July 18
- Kids’s Carnival (Des Moines Field House) Noon to 9:00 PM (Pony Rides Noon-6:00PM)
- Waterland 5k Fun’d Run Walk & Roll (Des Moines Marina & Beach Park Trail) 9:00AM – 10:30AM
- Waterland Wheels & Keels – Wooden Boat Viewing Day 1 (Des Moines Marina) 10:00AM – 4:00PM
Junior Parade and Waterland Grand Parade – Starts at 5:45PM
**Please bring a nonperishable food item to donate to the Des Moines Area Food Bank’s PARADE FOR HUNGER – they will come through the paradefirst, collecting donations – Thank You!**
Sunday, July 19:
- Kid’s Carnival and Pony Rides (Des Moines Field House) 1:00 PM to 6:00 PM (Pony Rides 1:00PM – 5:00PM)
- Waterland Wheels & Keels: Car, Motorcycle, & Wooden Boat Show (Des Moines Marina) 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
with Live Music, Food Trucks, and Beer/Wine Garden until 6:00PM
Find us on the web: