Wear your pajamas to the Des Moines Tree Lighting Ceremony Friday, Dec. 4

It’ll be a pajama party at the Des Moines Tree Lighting Ceremony at Big Catch Plaza at 6 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 4, and all are invited.

“Join in our Destination Des Moines Holiday kick off tradition in Des Moines with the Tree Lighting event!”

John L Scott of Des Moines will be providing free hot cocoa and cookies along with the Des Moines Middle School Band entertaining everyone.

Face painting to be provided by Anthony’s Homeport.

Rain or Shine: sing carols, drink cocoa, enjoy a festive community event.

NEW THIS YEAR: The theme is Pajama Party. All are encouraged to participate in the pajama fun!

Free Santa photos too.

9 Responses to “Wear your pajamas to the Des Moines Tree Lighting Ceremony Friday, Dec. 4”
  1. BirchCreek says:

“Wear your pajamas”. How stupid. When did it become accepible to wear you night clothes in public???

• Tirina says:

If you think it’s stupid, wear regular clothes. No one is making you go in pajamas. Personally, I think wearing pajamas would be fun, warm and comfy! Clothes are clothes. I have plenty of warm Christmas PJ’s I would love to wear to this! Furthermore, it’s been acceptable to wear warm pajama bottoms to the store or other places for 20 years. Where have you been?

Maybe I’m just old fashioned. I find it distasteful for folks to wear PJs to the store – looks too much like internet photos of people in Walmarts. Also the logic of “because people do it” doesn’t make it appropriate. Besides, nightwear is typically loaded with a bit of “night dirt” according to a past article I’ve read. Yum-yum, I want that around my groceries!

2. Mulisha Mushterd says:

I’m going to be there in my Fredrick’s of Hollywood bedclothes. Is that ok with the promoters? I can help paint some faces too if you want. I’ll start down at the Scotch & Vine.

3. Petunia Flowers says:

It’s the 21st century stupid !!! anything goes. And where do you get your groceries ? at the food bank ???

Thanks for the ad hominem jabs Petunia. No, if you must know, I try shop local at Safeway, Fred Meyers and QFC.

4. Petunia Flowers says:

Pajamas and legal marijuana. AWESOME ! What a fine example to set for the youth. Way to go Des Moines. Slowly creeping to the level of White Center.