Destination Des Moines’ ‘Fireworks Over Des Moines’ will be Monday, July 4
Destination Des Moines’ ‘Fireworks Over Des Moines will be held on Monday, July 4, with the big pyrotechnics show starting around 10:15 p.m.
In addition to a great fireworks show shot off from the pier, this year there will also be a Beer/Wine Garden with food and entertainment (live music from the Rantin Raven Band featuring Mark Riley).
- FIREWORKS at 10:15 p.m.
- Gates close at 11 p.m.
This will be a family-friendly weekend of fun in celebration of the 4th of July Independence Day.
This is a FREE event, but donations are gladly welcomed at all of the points of entry to the marina. It takes over $40,000 in cash donations and in-kind service donations to make this event happen every year.
Monday, July 4th event schedule:
- All Day: Fishing Pier Closed for public use.
- Noon: Dock Street and Marina closed to traffic.
- 4 p.m.: Barricades and Professional Staff checks at all Marina Entry Points
- 5 p.m.: Beer/Wine Garden Opens with LIVE BANDS
- $10 entry fee to beer garden this year, details below
- 5 p.m.: Food Trucks are Open for business
- 10:20 p.m.: FIREWORKS!!
- 11 p.m.: Beach Park closes
Keep in mind, any ADA vehicles or access vans will not be allowed to leave the marina floor until AFTER all foot traffic is cleared after the fireworks show.
NEW in 2016:
There will be a new Beer & Wine Garden VIP area located at the west edge of the marina parking lot by the fishing pier.
This area will be availabe for a $10 entry fee and includes:
Best seats in the house for the Fireworks Show
Live music starting at 5 p.m.
Access to Food Trucks
1 Drink Ticket
DONATIONS: accepted all year and at the entry area to the marina. You can also help by buying tickets to the Community BBQ held on July 6th this year. Click HERE to see more info.
- All bags, purses, strollers, coolers, etc will be checked at all points of entry to the marina by professional staff.
- Please respect the following NO’s:
- No personal Fireworks
- No personal BBQ’s
- No bicycles, skateboards, or recreational wheels with the exception of ADA medical wheels
- No alcohol or drugs. It is illegal to smoke cannabis in public and therefore not allowed at the event.
- No pets (please leave your furry friends safely at home)
Absolutely bring your family, friends, lawn chairs, blankets, sunscreen, WATER, and smiling faces for a fun day in the sun!
- John L. Scott
- Complete Handyman Service
- Gilbert Family Dentistry
- Powell Homes
- Marina Tenants Assn.
- Seattle Southside
- Mount Rainier Pool