The Plant Connection, Inc., Interior Plant Specialists, is looking to hire:
Job Title: Interior Horticulturist
Salary: $13-$14/Hour pre-training (bonus based on performance and commission on sales also available)
Hours: Full time job (35-40 hrs/wk)
- Ready to work with something that doesn’t talk back (well at least not out loud)?
- Ready to move out from behind that desk and move your body? (most of our employees report weight loss in the first month)
- Ready to work independently?
- Ready to get to know the greater Seattle area like the back of your hand?
- Then this is the job for you.
Horticulturist and delivery/ installation position
- Full time job (35-40 hrs/wk) Can be done as 5-8 hour days or 4-10 hour days.
- Caring for tropical plants (and their owners) in office buildings 4 days per week
- Installation and delivery of plants/Warehouse clean up and care including but not limited to watering, cleaning, organizing, inventory 1 day per week
- Route work maintaining overall appearance and design of client’s interior landscapes
- Other duties as needed including but not limited to basic excel data entry and word processing
- Opportunity available to move into company management
- Monday through Friday (some flexibility in hours- typically start at 7:30 am to avoid traffic)
- Most of your routes will begin at our office in the Georgetown area of Seattle
JOB REQUIREMENTS -Must love plants and people!:
- Knowledge of or the capacity to learn the names and care of our most commonly used plants within the training period.
- Must also learn additional plant names and new skills on an ongoing basis
- Valid WSDL and good driving record.
- Able to work unsupervised
- Good communication skills
- Able to provide friendly, efficient customer service
- Company vehicle may be available or if you use choose to use your own vehicle, you are reimbursed for mileage at current IRS standard rate
- Physical capacity to do job- lift 30 lbs., walk several miles per day carrying 2- 2gallon water cans filled with water. Lots of kneeling and bending. Some ladder work
- Creative, flexible person willing to help with whatever task is on the agenda
- Must be very detail oriented. The communication between yourself, clients and other staff is the key to providing excellent customer service.
- Willing to learn to use internet and various computer programs such as excel and word
- Must sign non-compete (basically you agree not to work with any of our clients in a horticultural capacity for three years after the end of your employment with us.)
PAY AND BENEFITS:
- Starting rate of $13-14 per hour Depending on experience and skills. Raise when you successfully complete training after three months
- Mileage and parking allowance
- 5% commission on sales within accounts
- We will pay for your pesticide license should you have one or choose to get one
- 2 week paid vacation per year the first year (1st week becomes available after six months, second week after twelve months), 3 weeks beginning the third year, (proportional to # of hours worked),
- $30 per month education benefit
- Performance based bonus plan
- Chance to grow and receive training within our company.
[Would you like to have a Blogvertorial story, Ad and/or Event Listing like this on a popular, fast-growing website seen by over 51,000 interested Local Readers every month? Email us for more info, or check out our Advertise page!]