Here’s the #SouthKingSlowdown schedule for this weekend – July 22-25:
Southbound I-5 weekend-long lane reductions from I-405/SR 518 to SR 516/Kent Des Moines Road will begin at 8 p.m. on Friday, July 22.
By 10 p.m. Friday, traffic will be reduced to two lanes through 5 a.m. Monday, July 25. This work is weather dependent.
The following ramps will be closed from 9 p.m. Friday to 5 a.m. Monday with signed detours in place:
- The southbound I-405 ramp to southbound I-5.
- The South 188th Street/Orillia Road on-ramp to southbound I-5.
- The southbound I-5 off- and on-ramps at South 200th Street /Military Road South.
An additional lane may be closed during the overnight hours from 11 p.m. Friday to 6 a.m. Saturday, 11:59 p.m. Saturday to 7 a.m. Sunday and 10 p.m. Sunday to 5 a.m. Monday.
Drivers are advised to use alternate routes.
Friday, July 22:
- The String Cheese Incident concert, 6 p.m., Marymoor Park
Saturday, July 23:
- Kenny Chesney concert, 5 p.m., CenturyLink Field
- Willie Nelson & Family concert, 7:30 p.m., Marymoor Park
Sunday, July 24:
- Seafair Triathlon, 6 a.m., Seward Park to Mercer Island via I-90