From the Des Moines Police Department:
DMPD Helping to Flatten the Curve
Simply put – Stay at Home. Working together will help us stop the spread of COVID19.
In an effort to be consistent with the Police Chiefs and Sheriffs across the State we would like to provide the following message.
Things to keep in mind during this time:
- We view our role more as one of education. Educating residents on how to keep themselves safe, how to keep their families safe and very importantly, to keep the rest of the community safe, especially our vulnerable populations.
- We understand some people need to carry out essential services such as:
- Safety and security
- Food, water, shelter
- Health and medical
- Energy (power and fuel)
- We are thankful our Des Moines residents have shown they understand the severity of the situation and are doing all they can already to keep themselves, their families and neighbors safe and healthy.
What happens during the next couple of weeks?
- When officers encounter people not complying with an order, we will remind them, as appropriate, of the recommendation and restrictions.
- No law enforcement agencies have any desire to make any arrests or take anybody to jail for violations.
- Rumors of individuals or businesses needing “passes” or “licenses” to conduct essential services are not true.
- Rest assured DMPD will continue to serve you and we will always enforce the laws that keep people safe. Thank you all for doing your part.
“DMPD Relentlessly fighting crime with trust and care.”
- For Emergencies Dial 911
- For Non Emergencies Call 206-878-2121
- To Report a Crime Online: www.desmoineswa.gov/reports