Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the city’s annual, physical Waterland Parade was cancelled this year, but that’s not going to stop Destination Des Moines.
The local non-profit announced this week that it will instead be holding a VIRTUAL Waterland Parade on Saturday, July 18, 2020, which will feature video entries from community members, organizations, and local businesses.
All are invited to send in a video or a photo and organizers will include you in the virtual parade; here’s more info From Tony Hettler and Matt Mahoney:
Here’s more from the 2020 Des Moines Waterland Parade registration form:
What are we looking for?
We want to see your creativity, talent, and passion for our community.
Individuals – Record a short 6 second shoutout or take a picture of your family with a greeting. This is a great opportunity to thank our first responders and essential workers (grocery store, hospital, utilities, restuarants, teachers, etc)
Businesses – Give us your 15 second elevator speech about what you offer, how long you have been in our community, and what you love most here! This is a great opportunity to thank our first responders and essential workers (grocery store, hospital, utilities, restaurants, teachers, etc)
Organizations – Decorate a car, boat, bike, wagon, scooter, or just yourself for the parade. Record a video up to 90 seconds with your group’s performance or creation. If your performance includes movement, start the performance on the right, moving to the left. A still picture can also be used instead.
Rules and Regulations:
- All submissions must be received by June 20th, 2020.
- Entries and themes must be appropriate for a family audience.
- Submitted entry materials grants Destination Des Moines and parade officials permission to use your images and video on any platform.
- Destination Des Moines and parade officials reserve the right to edit photos and videos as needed.
- Destination Des Moines and parade officials reserve the right to exclude any submissions that do no meeting our guidelines or that feature content not aligned with our mission.
- Award winners will be chosen from eligible entries and decided at the sole discretion of the judges. Winners will be recognized in the parade video.
Entry should not include:
- A focus on religious, political, ideological, or controversial themes or issues.
- Use of any political sign, social or political material is not permitted.
- Items considered to contain obscene, indecent, or profane material.
- Ridicules, exploits, or demeans persons on the basis of their age, color, creed, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, or sexual orientation.
Submissions should be emailed to [email protected].
For more info, visit https://www.destinationdesmoines.org.