A possible decision to appoint a new Councilmember, an agreement for the North Marina Parking Lot Bulkhead and Restroom Replacement project, honoring Pacific Middle School students and more will be on the agenda for Thursday night’s Des Moines City Council meeting.
The meeting will be held this Thursday, Feb. 13, 2020, starting at 6 p.m. at City Council chambers, located at 21630 11th Ave S.
Public comments will be limited to 20 minutes.
As we previously reported, applications were solicited from the public between Jan. 24 – Feb. 3. The City received eight applications for the vacant position with the following seven attending the meeting:
- David Lee Black
- Luisa Bangs
- Meiling Sproger
- Semere Melake
- Harry Steinmetz
- Tad Doviak
- Dan Harrington
Residents are encouraged to email City Councilmembers with their recommendation as to who should be appointed: [email protected].
Download the full agenda packet here (PDF file).
- APPOINTMENT TO VACANT COUNCIL POSITION #3
- POSSIBLE SWEARING IN OF NEW COUNCILMEMBER
- BOARD & COMMITTEE REPORTS/COUNCILMEMBER COMMENTS – 30 minutes
- SETTING PUBLIC HEARING TO CONSIDER DRAFT ORDINANCE 19-112 RELATING TO CODE CLEAN-UP ITEMS TO CORRECT OMISSIONS, ERRORS, AND INCONSISTENCIES AND TO CLARIFY CITY COUNCIL INTENT
Motion is to set a public hearing on March 12, 2020, or as soon thereafter as the matter may be heard, to consider Draft Ordinance No. 19-112 amending chapters 18.01, 18.15, 18.20, 18.30, 18.52, 18.60, 18.190, 18.200, and 18.250 DMMC to correct omissions, errors and inconsistencies and to clarify City Council intent.
- NORTH MARINA PARKING LOT BULKHEAD AND RESTROOM REPLACEMENT – EXELTECH CONSULTING DESIGN CONTRACT; SUPPLEMENTAL AGREEMENT #1
Motion is to approve Supplemental Agreement #1 with Exeltech Consulting for the North Marina Parking Lot Bulkhead and Restroom Replacement project in the amount of $57,976.08, and further authorize the City Manager to sign said Agreement substantially in the form as submitted.
- WASHINGTON STATE FUTURE CITY REGIONAL COMPETITION
Motion is to approve the Proclamation recognizing the achievements of the Pacific Middle School students in the Washington State Future City Regional Competition.
- DRAFT RESOLUTION 20-006 – 24TH AVE S, KENT-DES MOINES RD (SR 516) TO S. 223RD ST; TIB PROJECT CERTIFICATION OF FULL FUNDING
Staff Presentation: Public Works Director Brandon Carver