Our friends at the Des Moines Legacy Foundation recently stepped up to help our community, and donated to the Des Moines Food Bank:
- $4,000 for food
- $4,000 for a new refrigerator/freezer
WE’RE ALL IN THIS • TOGETHER •
- THE COVID-19 VIRUS THREAT IS WREAKING HAVOC ON OUR COMMUNITY, DISRUPTING OUR LIVES AND STRAINING THE SAFETY NET
- SOME OF THE HARDEST IMPACT IS ON OUR NEIGHBORS WITH FOOD INSECURITIES
- THAT’S WHY THE LEGACY FOUNDATION IS STEPPING UP WITH GRANTS TO THE DES MOINES AREA FOOD BANK
- THIS WEEK WE’VE DONATED $4,000 FOR FOOD AND $4,000 FOR A NEW REFRIGERATOR/FREEZER
- ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS OF THE DES MOINES LEGACY FOUNDATION, WE WANT TO THANK ALL OF OUR FRIENDS WHO ARE REACHING OUT TO HELP THEIR NEIGHBORS IN THIS TIME OF NEED
- IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO HELP, PLEASE DONATE TO THE FOOD BANK OR VOLUNTEER YOUR TIME VIA FACEBOOK/DES MOINES AREA FOOD BANK
HELP US HELP OUR COMMUNITY – VISIT www.DMLegacy.org
“If you’re able, please take care of your friends, your family, your neighbors, and anyone around you who might need a little extra help — pick up groceries for an older neighbor or order takeout from a local restaurant that is struggling.
“But ‘social distance’ doesn’t mean we should stop communicating. We need one another now more than ever. Keep checking in on people — texting, emailing, calling, video chatting, whatever works, and whatever keeps you talking with the people who make you strong.
“If we all take this seriously, we can limit the number of people who get sick all at the same time, and make it easier for our health system to deliver care to everyone who needs it.”