Commissioner James A. Fossos resigned from his South King Fire & Rescue position on February 29, 2020; under state law, this creates a vacancy on the Board of Fire Commissioners that may be filled by appointment by the Board of Commissioners.
The appointed member would serve until the 2021 General Election, at which time the position would be again open for the remaining two years of the six-year term.
South King Fire & Rescue is now accepting applications for appointment to the Board of Fire Commissioners.
Applications shall be returned to the South King Fire & Rescue headquarters station at 31617 1st Ave S, Federal Way, 98003, envelopes must be marked “Board of Commissioners Vacancy” no later than March 20, 2020 at 1:00 p.m.
Information and applications can be obtained at any South King Fire & Rescue fire station or on the District’s website at www.southkingfire.org.
South King Fire & Rescue Fire Station Locations:
- Station 61- 3203 So. 360th Auburn, WA 98001
- Station 62- Headquarters 31617 1st Ave So. Federal Way, WA 98003
- Station 63- 33414 21st Ave SW Federal Way, WA 98023
- Station 64- 3700 So. 320th Auburn, WA 98001
- Station 65- 4966 So. 298th Auburn, WA 98001
- Station 66- 27010 15th Ave So. Des Moines, WA 98198
- Station 67: 2238 So 223rd St Des Moines, WA 98198