Your Daily Dose of Natural Beauty, courtesy Advertiser Zenith Holland Nursery – Build a Welcoming Entrance with Bushy Miniature Roses:
Abundant pink blooms spilling from a neoclassic urn are paired with a pair of trailing vines to create a stunning entrance display. The bushy roses are a fine choice as they are easy to grow and suggest romance.
Thinking about miniature roses for your entrance?
Here’s a few key points:
- Miniature roses tend to be profuse repeat bloomers making a great choice for high visibility areas
- Can grow well in pots
- Need full sun 6+ hours a day
- They like a rich, well-drained, loamy soil.
- Regular fertilizing is essential. Roses tend to be heavy feeders
- A general rule of thumb is to provide at least 1 inch of water each week
- Deep watering, getting the soil wet 12-18 inches down is important during hot weather.
- Water in mornings and avoid getting the leaves wet to discourage “blackspot”
- Deadheading is recommended to encourage repeat blooming
Most novice gardeners will enjoy getting started with roses since they respond well to very basic concepts of plant growth, (hint: give them water, light and feeding) and they reward you with blooms when you are on the right track.
ABOUT OUR SPONSOR
This “Daily Dose of Natural Beauty” is brought to you by Zenith Holland Nursery, thanking you and the South King County community for your continuing support.
As a designated “Essential Business” member of the Food and Agriculture sector, Zenith Holland Nursery is operating daily offering a broad selection of edibles including fruits and cool season vegetable starts that can be planted now. Owner /Operator Lyn Robinson and her husband are on site daily to assist customers with their horticultural needs, while other staff remain safely at home.
If you are one of the many folks who would like to seize your stay-at-home time to plant a Victory garden, Zenith Holland can help. They are a local resource for seeds, soil and fertilizer. While practicing social distancing measures on site, they can also answer questions or orders by phone.
Established in 1907, Zenith Holland Nursery is proud to be the oldest continually operating business in Des Moines. They specialize in growing and providing quality plants ranging from hardy perennials to culinary herbs, colorful annuals, sedums, ground covers and hanging baskets. The nursery sits on just over an acre of land with eleven greenhouses.
Zenith Holland is located just south of downtown Des Moines at 23260 Marine View Drive South (map below).
Their current hours are:
- Monday through Sunday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. so you can shop small, shop local, shop essential.
Zenith Holland Nursery
23260 Marine View Drive South
Des Moines, WA 98198
Phone: (206) 878-7002
EDITOR’S NOTE: Sponsored Posts like this are paid, “Native Advertisements” that help businesses improve their internet presence and all-important SEO. To learn more about how your business can directly reach our expanding, engaged audience in South King County, please email Theresa Schaefer at [email protected].