Advertiser The Tag Zone, which recently moved to Des Moines, has extended its exclusive Coupon that will get you a FREE hour of play with every one paid through March 15, 2012: [caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="490" caption="Click image to print Coupon."][/caption] The Tag Zone has moved to a huge new warehouse-sized location at 605 South 223rd Street in Des Moines, just west of the downtown district at 6th and 223rd (map below). Open Fridays and Saturdays, with new extended hours on Tuesdays and Thursdays, this new warehouse-sized arena erupts into a safe, Nerf-filled fun zone for kids of all ages with two battlefields:
- A 2,300 square foot inflatable bunker zone
- A 1,900 s.f. “Army Field”
“This is my calling – to host a safe, entertaining, affordable and FUN place for your little or big ones to play, and always wanting to come back for more.”[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="489" caption="Former Army Ranger Johnny Basco is ready for you."][/caption] At The Tag Zone, participants play an assortment of organized games with safety always on the minds of the supervisors, who oversee every game with rules constantly being reinforced. “We strongly encourage team work in order to play as many games as possible,” Basco adds. “This is also an exciting way to develop tricks and tactics, as well as controlling emotions and stress.” Cost is just $7 per hour (the same price as last year), and according to Basco one of their more popular functions is to allow for a ‘Parent’s Night Out’:
“Fridays and Saturdays between the hours of 6-10pm we offer you the opportunity to drop your kids off and you have the option to stay or have a few hours to yourselves while we keep them busy playing a wide variety of controlled and refereed games. While they are here we divide teams equally as participants arrive and depart. We make every attempt to keep your kids and possibly their friends together on the same team however on occasion adjustments have to be made in order to keep the teams competitively equal. Score is not kept but the competition level can still be pretty intense. We do not allow participants to argue with each other and definitely towards any of our referees or loss of one game will occur.”[caption id="" align="alignleft" width="231" caption="The Tag Zone's arms cache awaits."][/caption] Here’s more from their website about the kinds of games played:
Open Play Sessions at The Tag Zone: Friday and Saturday nights, 6:00-10:00 pm Squad vs squad Objective:[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="Look closely and you'll see Johnny's face in the middle of this bunker."][/caption] Here’s one more quote from Basco, posted on their Facebook Page (“Like” them here):
- Eliminate opposing squad.
Protect the leader Objective:
- Each team begins from its home base. At the signal, the players must find and tag the entire opposing team before being itself eliminated.
- To seek and tag the opposing team’s leader.
Capture the Flag Objective:
- Each team must protect its leader from getting tagged.
- Volunteer players will attempt to eliminate the opposing team’s leader.
- To end the game with both team’s flag in its possession, in its home base.
The Prison Objective:
- Each team begins with their own flag, located at their home base.
- The players must retrieve the opposing team’s flag.
- The players are to be tagged and placed in the opposing team’s prison.
- The teams begin in their own home base. When a player is tagged, he must head for the other team’s prison. The prisoner (s) are to be rescued by a teammate so that he (they) may continue the game. The prisoner is rescued from prison when his own teammate hand tags him out. The game is terminated when an entire team is imprisoned.
“What an amazing journey this has been and one I continue to look forward to. It’s still hard to believe I was doing hair two years ago! This would have never happened had it not been for my wife Anne and Karuna Arts Yoga. I love you Anne, especially for putting up with me during the build out. Thank you to all the kids who have supported The Tag Zone and to the future ones. This is one of the happiest and proudest days of my life. Dreams really do come true guys!”The Tag Zone 605 South 223rd Street Des Moines WA 98198 HOURS:
- Fridays & Saturdays 6–8pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 9-11am, 1-3pm and 6-8pm