It’s going to be an Old Fashioned Christmas – Norman Rockwell style – at the ‘Old Fashioned Tree Lighting’ at Big Catch Plaza this Friday, Dec. 6 starting at 6 p.m. The tree lighting will begin around 6:30 p.m. There will be caroling, hot cocoa and cookies, holiday music, raffle, photos with Santa, toy collection for Toys for Tots, and much more. Look for the tents and people at the corner of S. 216th and Marine View Drive in Des Moines. Residents and Visitors:
- There will be a Toys for Tots Giving Box at Big Catch Plaza starting at 6 p.m. Bring unwrapped new toys for donation.
- Dress in your best festive holiday attire (weather appropriate).
- Decorate your store fronts with wreaths and any other traditional holiday decorations. Let’s make it a true old fashioned Christmas like you remember when you were a kid.
- Also, be sure to get your official Tree Lighting Poster. DDM Volunteers will be coming around with the posters for each of the businesses. They are available for pick up at Key Bank, Salon Michelle and The Scotch and Vine as well.
- We are looking for items to donate for the raffle…gift cards, samples, etc. Contact us through a message on Facebook if you are interested.